Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Food!

Today I spent my day doing some homework, which was on Legitimate Power (fun fun ;) ) and baking! So here are the recipes that I made today and they were scrumptious!

Blondies (My all time favorite!)

1 stick of butter, melted and cooled
1 cup of brown sugar
1 cup of flour
1/4 teaspoon of salt
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup butterscotch chips

Start of by whisking brown sugar and butter, combine egg and vanilla, fold in the remaining dry ingredients. Then pour in chips and pour mixture into greased, parchment lined 8x8 pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes, enjoy!

Also, I made some of my very first attempt at Snickerdoodles!



Makes approx. 4 dozen
1 cup butter, softened
1 and 1/2 c sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla (I use Mexican vanilla but any kind will work)
2 and 3/4 c flour
2 tsp cream of tartar
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3 tsp cinnamon and 3 tsp white sugar  (can be brown) for rolling

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cream sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla. Mix thoroughly. Stir dry ingredients together in separate bowl and add to creamed mixture. Chill for 20-30 min. Roll into Tablespoon size balls and then toss in the cinnamon/sugar mixture, coating the dough evenly. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned but soft.

So there ya have it, the day in the life of me, a baking wife! I am seriously obsessed with baking lol! God Bless you all this fourth of July and have a wonderful week!


No comments:

Post a Comment